The United Way of Sault Ste. Marie and district is now accepting nominations for the 2014 Youth Spirit Award. The Youth Spirit Award is presented to an individual youth or a youth group that demonstrates excellent support to the community through participation, leadership, and service to the others within the community.
Nomination Criteria and Format
All volunteers and nominees in the running for the Youth Spirit Award contribute significantly to the many organizations and programs in our community that rely on our support in order to continue being successful helping those in need. Your involvement is essential to developing valuable personal skills, as well as helping you become a more active part of the community you live in.
The Youth Spirit Award will be presented at the 2014 Ontario Volunteer Youth Challenge Awards at the end of May 2014.
- The individual or group of nominees must be between the ages of 14 and 18 years of age, currently attending secondary school in the Algoma District, demonstrating outstanding community involvement with more than one organization.
- The nominator can be a principal, teacher, staff, a member of a student body, or the leader of a community group.
- The activity or the event should be entirely student initiated and non-curriculum related, while adult mentorship and supervision is permitted.
1. Name of nominee:
2. Name of nominator:
3. List of organizations, events or activities helped (include volunteer hours):
4. Narrative statement of why this individual or group should receive this award:
* Deadline for submission to the Youth Spirit Award must be received by end of business Monday May 12th, 2014.
To nominate for the Youth Spirit Award, please submit a one-page document as per guidelines above, and fax or mail it to:
United Way of Sault Ste. Marie and district
Attention: The Youth Spirit Award Selection Committee
7A Oxford Street, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 1R7
Fax: 705-759-5899 email: [email protected]
If you have any questions please contact Maureen Dodd, Resource Development Manager, 705-256-7476 X216 or email: [email protected]