The Indian Friendship Centre in Sault Ste. Marie (IFCSSM) seeks a strong team player committed to quality service to provide a range of services as the Aboriginal Healthy Babies, Healthy Children Coordinator.
- Ensure that the goals and objectives of the Aboriginal Healthy Babies, Healthy Children program is delivered to its fullest capacity
- To improve the long term health prospects of children aged 0 – 6 years
- Home visiting, conducting workshops and activities
- Maintain client files for pertinent data collection while maintaining client confidentiality at all times and provide administrative support
- Participate in on-going professional development activities as time and financial resources permit and participate in committees as needed and as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Assume the responsibilities of the day-to-day operations of the IFCSSM and its services.
- Post-secondary education in a health related field and/or Early Childhood Education with minimum two years’ experience in providing health or social support services to clients in an Anishnabe/Aboriginal setting
- CPR/First Aid Certificate
- Relevant background in Aboriginal health promotion, specifically Aboriginal Healthy Babies Healthy Children, recreation and social programs
- Well-developed administrative, organizational and communication skills
- Proficiency with computer programs
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Availability and willingness to travel at times when required
- Possession of a reliable vehicle, valid driver’s license and appropriate insurance
- Completion and maintenance of an acceptable Vulnerable Police Check
- Knowledge of the Indian Friendship Centre movement, knowledge of the IFCSSM and its programs
- Experience working with urban Anishnabe/Aboriginal people
- Experience working with volunteers in a non-profit environment
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work extended hours as necessary
A cover letter, resume and three current work-related reference letters must be received no later than: Tuesday, May 27th, 2014 at 3:00 pm.
Resumés can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – or can be dropped off at the reception desk, attention:
Cathy Syrette, Executive Director
Indian Friendship Centre in SSM
122 East Street, Sault Ste. Marie Ontario
Re: Healthy Babies Healthy Children
A complete job description may be obtained at the reception desk.