On Friday, September 5, 2014 Sault Ste. Marie OPP responded to a theft of gas complaint at the Havilland Bay Trading Post.
Sometime between 8:00 pm and 9:30 pm person(s) unknown cut the padlock off a gas pump and filled up with gas.
Damage To Searchmont Train Station
On Sepember 6, 2014 OPP responded to a mischief complaint the Searchmont CNR Rail Station. The lock was pryed off the main door and the door was damaged.
Youth Ends Up With Multiple Charges
On the 07 September 2014, at approximately 3:10 am members of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Superior East Wawa Detachment were on patrol on Broadway Ave when they observed a Chevrolet Tracker cross the intersection of Broadway Ave and Mackey Street without stopping for the stop sign. OPP officers stopped the motor vehicle and approached the driver side of the vehicle.
The investigation lead to the arrest of a 17 year old male, as a result the youth was charged with the following offences,
- Impaired Driving contrary to section 253 (a) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Driving with more than 80 milligrams of alcohol in blood contrary to section 253 (b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Drive motor vehicle no licence contrary to section 32 (1) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
- Drive motor vehicle no licence plate contrary to section 7 (1)(b)(i) of the Highway Traffic Act of Ontario
- Fail to surrender insurance card contrary to section 3(1) of the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act of Ontario.
The accused was released on a Promise to Appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Wawa, Ontario on October 6, 2014.