In a continual effort to better serve their patients, the Group Health Centre will be restructuring and expanding their same-day services.
Beginning Monday, September 8, 2014, all same-day services – including those previously accessed through the walk-in clinic – will be provided by booked appointment.
This will allow:
- Increased and growing capacity to see patients on the same day they call, with more appointment slots available.
- More predictable service – allowing patients to plan their day around their appointment.
- Shorter waits for patients once they arrive at the Group Health Centre.
Patients of the Group Health Centre can book same-day appointments by calling 705-759-1234 starting at 8 a.m. each morning.
Major improvements to the Group Health Centre’s telephone system in recent months should help ensure all callers receive prompt phone service.
Same-day appointments will be available from 9 a.m.-8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Please note: While same-day services are designed to serve patients whose problems cannot wait until the next day, you are urged to please seek care at nearest hospital if you are experiencing:
- chest pain or acute cardiac issues
- shortness of breath
- acute/severe abdominal pain
The Group Health Centre was established in 1963, and currently serves over 71,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.