The Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce is pleased to welcome several new individuals to its Board of Directors.
Recently joining the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors for a two-year
• Stephanie Pagnuccu, City of Sault Ste. Marie
• Jeff Elgie, DIG (The Digital Intelligence Group)
• Dan Hollingsworth, Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation
• Susan Hunter, Sault College
• Justus Veldman, Mill Market Inc.
Mark Barsanti, who assumed the role of President of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce in January of 2014, will continue in his current role until July 30th, 2015. A native of Sault Ste. Marie, Barsanti is a graduate of St. Mary’s College. He graduated Osgoode Hall Law School in 1990 and was called to the Bar in 1993, shortly afterward returning to the Sault to practice law. He started a career in business in 1999 as a Canadian Tire franchisee. In 2012, he took over ownership of the Sault Ste. Marie Canadian Tire retail store.
Rounding out the Chamber’s Executive Committee, which is comprised of the current President, the First and Second Vice Presidents, the Immediate Past President and the Treasurer are Monica Dale, Paul Johnson, James Caicco and Ron Spadoni.
Dale is a Commercial Account Executive with Dawson & Keenan Insurance Ltd and continues her role as the Chamber’s First Vice President, a role she assumed in January 2014; Spadoni, who is serving his sixth year as the Chamber’s Treasurer, is a partner at the local KPMG LLP; Caicco, who is the Broker of Record and owner of Century 21 Choice Realty Inc, continues in an official capacity with the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce as Immediate Past President.
Paul Johnson, who began his tenure as a member of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors in 2010 was officially named as the Chamber of Commerce Second Vice President at the Board’s August 28th meeting. Johnson is a partner at the local law firm of Bisceglia Dumanski & Johnson LLP.
The Chamber also wishes to extend thanks to recently retired Directors Terri-Lynn Chiarello of Northside Toyota, Independent Chamber member Penny Perrier, Paul E. Skeggs of Skeggs Paciocco Lawyers and Brian Watkins of Algoma Office Equipment. The Chamber acknowledges the significant time and expertise that each of these individuals brought to the Board and to the various committees that they chaired on behalf of the Chamber.
The full Executive and Board of Directors of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce for
2014 / 2015 are as follows:
• Mr. James Caicco – Century 21 Choice Realty Inc. – Immediate Past President
• Mr. Mark Barsanti – Canadian Tire – President
• Ms. Monica Dale – Dawson & Keenan Insurance Ltd. – First Vice-President
• Mr. Paul A. Johnson – Bisceglia Dumanski & Johnson LLP Law Firm – Second Vice-
• Mr. Ron Spadoni – KPMG LLP – Treasurer
• Mr. Jeff Elgie – DIG (The Digital Intelligence Group)
• Mr. Mark Hebert – Savings World
• Mr. Dan Hollingsworth – Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation
• Ms. Susan Hunter – Sault College
• Mr. Jason Naccarato – Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre
• Ms. Stephanie Pagnucco – Director At Large / Strive Young Professionals Group Chair
• Mr. Christian Tenaglia – Pinchin
• Ms. Emily Thibeault – Northern Credit Union Ltd.
• Mr. Justus Veldman – Mill Market Inc.
• Mr. Kevin Wyer – Delta Sault Ste. Marie Waterfront Hotel and Conference Centre
• Ms. Shelley Barich, General Manager of the Sault Ste Marie Chamber of Commerce
continues as Ex-Officio Recording Secretary