As the winter months will soon be upon us, consider moving your workout routine indoors. Sault College is pleased to announce that it will now be offering memberships to the public to experience its state-of-the-art fitness facility just in time for the holiday season.
“We are so pleased to be opening our doors to the community to experience this beautiful modern-day workout facility right here in Sault Ste. Marie,” notes Fran Rose, Dean of the School of Health, Wellness and Continuing Education. “The complex is an inspiring and esthetically-pleasing space where members will be excited and energized to be fit and well and achieve their fitness goals.”
Sault College’s state-of-the-art fitness facility is designed to provide a fun and motivating wellness experience for all its members in helping them achieve all levels, interests and fitness goals and in promoting the physical and emotional wellbeing of its members. The facility features several enticing and convenient amenities, most of which are included in the monthly membership fee:
· 4,700 square feet of open-concept fitness with highly-regarded and top-of-the-line Life Fitness Signature series machines and Hammer Strength equipment
· State-of-the-art technical equipment throughout, featuring individual 19” touch screen technology that can be customized to your workout needs including cable TV, media, internet and iPod/iPhone connections
· Highly advanced cardio exercise equipment designed for comfort and effectiveness, featuring interactive virtual experiences where members can walk or jog “around the world” with automatic resistance that syncs to the terrain being displayed in selected well-known destinations around the world
· A studio with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the campus with engaging group fitness classes ranging from cycling, boot camp, functional fitness, and more
· A full-sized gymnasium and basketball court featuring well-regarded Conner Green Play Maple floor – the same floor as used in the NCAA Basketball Tournament to help enhance workout needs
· A sky-high 114 metre indoor walking/jogging track extending around the upper gymnasium with rubberized anti-shock coating and balcony views
· Spacious lockers and clean, well-designed change rooms with shower facilities
· Personal and small group training sessions with qualified knowledgeable staff.
· Special events and offers for members only throughout the year
The facility also boasts The Common Grounds for fresh juices, smoothies and a coffee bar as well as Odeno, a student-run restaurant with a friendly and casual atmosphere.
A variety of membership options are available for purchase, ranging from a walking membership only for use of the track to a full membership that includes use of the entire fitness facility including the gymnasium as well as access to classes. As a special introductory offer to community members in the Sault Ste. Marie area, the Sault College Fitness Centre is offering a free one-week trial membership to anyone interested in experiencing the new facility. For more information, please call 759-2554 ext. 2709 or email [email protected]