Some Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) customers have been invited to preview and provide feedback on PlayOLG, OLG’s upcoming Internet gaming site.
Eligible members of OLG’s Winner’s Circle Rewards program will participate in a short-term, soft launch of the new site before it becomes available to legal-aged Ontarians in the coming weeks.
OLG will join British Columbia, Manitoba, Quebec and all of the Atlantic Provinces in offering a provincially regulated Internet gaming entertainment option. Currently, approximately 500,000 Ontarians spend an estimated $400 – $500 million annually on out-of-province, grey market sites which are not regulated in Ontario.
The preview will allow eligible customers to register, play games and fully experience PlayOLG. The site will include interactive casino-style games including slots and table games such as Blackjack, Baccarat and Roulette, as well as the ability to purchase LOTTO 6/49 and LOTTO MAX lottery tickets as well as ENCORE.
OLG’s Responsible Gambling
Drawing on Canadian and global best practices, OLG’s Internet gaming offering will include a gold standard of leading Responsible Gambling (RG) tools.
OLG’s RG safeguards focus on prevention and mitigation and include player education on healthy playing habits and how to seek help and support for problem gamblers.
RG features include:
· No anonymous play
· Registration includes age and identify verifications
· Tips for parents about password protection, how to use tools to restrict access to websites, and how to monitor their children’s Internet access and usage
· Weekly deposit limits (mandatory)
· Casino loss limits
· Time limits for casino game play
· Lottery ticket purchase limits
· Customized RG messaging based on play levels
· Seven day cooling-off period before increasing limits
· Player self-assessments and risk profiles
· Breaks from play on PlayOLG (one day to three months)
· Full account history available to every player
PlayOLG operates in a regulated environment overseen by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
As a new line of business, PlayOLG will provide more money to the Government of Ontario for hospitals and other government priorities.