On January 20, 2015 officers from the East Algoma Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) with the assistance of members from the East Algoma OPP Crime Unit and the OPP Canine Unit executed a search warrant under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act at a residence on Nadon Street in Blind River. As a result of the search warrant police seized:
· 2056 grams of suspected Cannabis Marijuana with a value of $41,120
· 216 grams of suspected Cannabis Resin with a value of $4320
· 1 gram of suspected Cocaine with a value of $200 and with
· undisclosed amount of cash.
As a result, Daniel Leo DUPUIS, 50 years of age from Blind River has been charged with the following offences:
· Possession of a schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking, as per s. 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substance Act (CDSA) on two counts;
· Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking, as per s. 5(2) of the CDSA; and with
· Possession of property obtained by crime over $5000.00, as per s. 354 (1) (a) of the Criminal Code.
The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on March 5, 2105.
If you have information on any criminal activity such as this, call 705-942-7867 or 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS); submit an e-tip from The Crime Stopper’s web-site at www.saultcrimestoppers.com or send a text to keyword SSM to the short code number 274637.