Heater Motor Causes Fire

0

Fire Services responded to a call from an alarm monitoring company to the 200 block of North Street. Upon arrival, fire crews found light smoke throughout the two storey Commercial/Apartment building. Further investigation by crews revealed the early stages of a fire above the buildings heating appliance. Fire Service personnel quickly extinguished the blaze and evacuated upstairs tenants.

“If not for the early detection systems, this fire could have been far worse”, stated Assistant Chief, Paul Milosevich. “In this instance, the early detection systems worked well, allowing fire crews to extinguish the fire at an early stage.”

Although damages were minimal, tenants were housed at a local hotel.

This fire is not considered suspicious.