The Sault College Youth Entrepreneurship Skills (YES) Project, in partnership with the Ministry of Economic Development, Trade & Employment, is excited to announce its upcoming Entrepreneurship Fair to be held on Wednesday, April 8, 2015 at Sault College from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the Common Link.
This is a great opportunity for those involved in entrepreneurship-related programs, including business service providers, educators, mentors, coaches, students, and volunteers, to connect with graduates of our YES training project, and to meet Sault College staff and community partners who provide services, guidance, and support to young potential entrepreneurs.
“Our goal is to create a venue that will encourage networking among young professionals, entrepreneurs, area service providers, and educational institutions to further promote entrepreneurship in our community and to encourage meaningful relationships of support,” notes Norman Michel Project Manager of the YES Project at Sault College.
The Entrepreneurship Fair will showcase close to 20 exhibitors from the community who offer business and related support services to young adults wanting to become self-employed and start their own product or service-based small business ventures. Start-up success stories will be highlighted through the use of short video presentations produced by recent graduates and entrepreneurs of the program.
“The advantage to community-based businesses and related service providers of participating in the event will be the opportunity to share their organization’s business knowledge and expertise with a broad audience of young potential entrepreneurs and the interested public,” adds Michel.
The Entrepreneurship Fair will be a great resource for:
· Past Sault College Youth Entrepreneurship Skills (YES) Project participants from across the Algoma Region who have successfully completed the YES project training program;
· Sault College and Algoma University students presently enrolled in business training programs;
· High school students presently enrolled in entrepreneurship and business training programs;
· Community service providers, local entrepreneurs, and volunteer networking groups who offer their business knowledge and related support services to young potential entrepreneurs;
· General public and alumni from Sault Ste. Marie and surrounding communities interested in learning more about the opportunities of entrepreneurship in our community.
There will be no cost for exhibitors or participants who wish to attend and light refreshments will be provided. For more information about the Sault College YES Project, please call Norman Michel at 705.759.2554 ext. 2887 or visit www.saultcollege.ca/yes. You can also find this project on Facebook at www.facebook.com/scyesproject.