On the 23rd of July City Police officers attended to the Wal-Mart on Great Northern Rd. regarding a shoplifting complaint. It was alleged that 44 year old Leonard Huyghebaert of Alberta, but currently of no fixed address, left the store without paying for various electronic items. He was apprehended by security and then turned over to Police where he was charged with theft under $5000. Mr. Huyghebaert will be appearing in Bail Court July 24th.
On the 24th July 2015 at 8:10 A.M. City Police arrested a 73 year old male of Sault Ste Marie on an outstanding domestic related arrest warrant. It’ alleged that the male assaulted and threatened his wife on July 16th 2015. The victim received minor injuries that did not require medical treatment. He will be appearing in Bail Court July 24th.
On 24 July 2015 at 12:40 P.M. City Police came across 22 year old Celesta Fleury-Vincent of Maki rd. who was wanted on numerous outstanding warrants. The accused was arrested on the outstanding warrants on charges of:
- CC 766(1) SURETY REVOCATION
- CC253(1) (A) IMPAIRED DRIVING X 2
- CC 253(1) (B) CONSUME OVER .08 X2
- CC 354(1) (A) POSSESSION STOLEN PROPERTY
- CC 252 FAIL TO STOP AT SCENE OF ACCIDENT
- CC 335(1) TAKE MV WITHOUT CONSENT
- CC 733.1(1) BREACH OF PROBATION
- CC 145(2) (B) FAIL TO APPEAR COURT.
She was transported to the Court House and was remanded for Bail Court on July 27, 2015.