The City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to advise residents of schedule changes for the August 3 Civic holiday, renamed as Sir William H. Hearst Day.
City Council officially designated the August holiday in Sault Ste. Marie as Sir William H. Hearst Day, in recognition of the former Ontario Premier and Sault resident. Hearst is perhaps Sault Ste. Marie’s highest achieving political figure and his accomplishments are publicly recognized through this designation. For additional information, visit www.saultstemarie.ca/hearst.
The following City facilities and services will be closed Monday, August 3:
- Cemetery office
- Centennial Library and Churchill and Korah branches
- Children’s Centres – Jessie Irving, Maycourt and Best Start program.
- City Landfill site
- Civic Centre
- Essar Centre arena, office and Box Office
- McMeeken Centre
- Public Works and Transportation office. For 24 hour emergency service requests, call 705-759-5201.
- Sault Transit office
- Seniors’ Centres (Drop-In and Steelton)
- Social Services (OW, Social Housing, Community Child Care, & Accessibility)
- Refuse & Recycling – No collection August 3. Collection for the balance of the week will be one day late.
The following City facilities and services will operate Monday, August 3:
- Bellevue Marina – open 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site – open 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- Northern Community Centre – open for scheduled events
- John Rhodes Community Centre arenas – open for scheduled events
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool – open for Parent/Child/Lane swim from 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m. and for Public swim from 1– 3 p.m.
- Peter G. Manzo/V.E. Greco outdoor pools – open 1- 7 p.m., weather permitting
- Roberta Bondar Marina – open 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sault Canal Recreational Lock – open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sault Transit will run regular transit and Parabus service. Regular transit will operate hourly leaving the terminal at quarter to the hour. No Community Bus. Phone 705-759-5438 or visit saultstemarie.ca/transit for more info.