Ontario is now accepting applications for Celebrate Ontario 2016, a program designed to support festivals and events across the province.
Celebrate Ontario grants help create jobs and grow local economies across the province, supporting new and improved experiences that attract tourists and boost visitor spending. This year, the province funded a record number of festivals and events across the province that celebrated our diversity, heritage and culture. Projects included Hamilton’s James Street Super Crawl, the Kirkland Lake Homecoming and Hot Docs in Toronto.
Helping festivals and events succeed supports the government’s economic plan for Ontario. The four-part plan is building Ontario up by investing in people’s talents and skills, making the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario’s history, creating a dynamic, innovative environment where business thrives, and building a secure retirement savings plan.
- The deadline to apply for Celebrate Ontario 2016 is November 4, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
- Every year, festivals and events support tens of thousands of jobs and generate millions of dollars in revenue.
- From 2009 to 2013, Celebrate Ontario recipients reported a 25 per cent increase in visitors, or 6.2 million people, and an increase of $1 billion in visitor spending.
- Since 2007, Celebrate Ontario has helped more than 1,700 festivals and events across the province.
- Celebrate Ontario grant applications
- Celebrate Ontario 2015 recipients
- Explore more ways to discover Ontario