How would you like to access your health care team from home, camp, or even on vacation? The Group Health Centre (GHC) is thrilled to announce the formal launch of myCARE – a secure online patient portal. myCARE has the capacity to allow you to send messages to your healthcare team, request prescription renewals, manage appointments, review select lab test results, and more – all at your own convenience from your computer or mobile device.
myCARE has been running in a “pilot” phase at GHC since December 2014 for patients of select primary care providers. Starting today, myCARE will now be available to patients of over 30 GHC doctors and nurse practitioners.
If you are a patient of the Group Health Centre, and would like to sign up for a secure myCARE account, you can request access, online, today. Just follow these steps:
- Have your health card ready;
- On a computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device, go to mycare.ghc.on.ca on your internet browser (eg. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Chrome);
- Click “Request Online”;
- Fill in the required fields, and click “Submit”;
- Once we’ve verified your information, you will receive your activation code, and can create your myCARE account.
You can also sign up for myCARE at your next appointment, or by visiting GHC’s main building (240 McNabb) and signing up at one of our myCARE kiosks.
In the pilot phase, over 1,500 GHC patients signed up for myCARE. As part of the pilot, patients were surveyed about their experiences using myCARE, and:
- 99% of patients surveyed would recommend myCARE to a friend or family member;
- 97% agree “myCARE is user-friendly”;
- 93% agree “It was easy to register”; and
- 90% agree “It’s easy to use” and “The format and layout are excellent”.
Patients also commented that:
- “I think this is a wonderful program. Being a new mom and working, I don’t always have time to call in or get down to GHC. This saves me a lot of time and hassle. Thank you!!”
- “Fantastic to have my information readily available… Love myCARE!”
- “Everyone should care about their health and this will make it easier.”
Alex Lambert, CEO of GHC, is confident that the launch of myCARE will help improve access to care and advice for patients. He said, “We believe health care is most effective when patients are engaged. myCARE offers patients a number of unprecedented options for access, information, and communication. This kind of patient engagement leads to better outcomes for everyone involved.”
Canada Health Infoway, who partnered with GHC on the myCARE project, is thrilled with the response to myCARE so far. “The health care system and Canadians have greatly benefitted from advances in digital health, and providing patients with access to digital health solutions is the next step in the evolution,” said Michael Green, President and CEO, Canada Health Infoway. “The Group Health Centre has a rich history of innovation, and providing patients with access to myCARE is a testament to its commitment to empowering patients and improving their health care experiences.”