Believe it or not but the long Thanksgiving weekend is upon us and certain city run services will be affected. Here’s a run down of what’s closed Monday, Thanksgiving Day.
The City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to advise residents of schedule changes for the Thanksgiving Day statutory holiday.
The following facilities and services will be closed Monday, October 12:
- Bellevue Marina – closed for the season
- Cemetery office
- Centennial Library and Churchill and Korah branches
- Children’s Centres – Jessie Irving, Maycourt and Best Start
- City Landfill site
- Civic Centre
- Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site
- Essar Centre arena, office and Box Office
- John Rhodes Community Centre Arena #2
- McMeeken Centre
- Northern Community Centre
- Public Works and Transportation office. For 24 hour emergency requests, call 705-759-5201.
- Refuse & Recycling – no collection. Collection for the balance of the week will be one day late.
- Roberta Bondar Marina – closed for the season
- Sault Transit – no regular Transit. Main office is closed.
- Seniors’ Centres (Drop-In and Steelton)
- Social Services (Ontario Works, Social Housing, Community Child Care, & Accessibility)
The following facilities and services will operate Monday, October 12:
- John Rhodes Community Centre Arena #1 – open for public skate 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool – open for Parent/Child/Lane swim 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m. and Public swim 1 – 3 p.m.
- Sault Canal Recreational Lock – open 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Sault Parabus service – for bookings call 705-942-1404
This information is available at saultstemarie.ca.