The hours of operation for City facilities and services during the New Year’s holiday period are listed below:
- Administrative offices will be closed Friday, January 1st.
- This includes the Civic Centre, Sault Transit, Social Services (Ontario Works, Community Child Care, and Accessibility) and Public Works and Transportation (PWT).
- Call 705-759-5201 for emergency PWT service requests.
- City-operated arenas (John Rhodes and McMeeken) and the Northern Community Centre will close at 4 p.m., December 31st.
- All facilities are closed January 1st with the exception of John Rhodes arena #1 which is open 1-3 p.m. for a free Tim Hortons Skate.
Ermatinger•Clergue National Historic Site
- The site is closed December 24th to January 4th inclusive.
- The administrative office and box office closes at 4:30 p.m., Dec. 31st.
- Facility is closed January 1st.
John Rhodes Community Centre Pool
- The pool is open January 1st from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for Lane Swim/Parent/Child Swim and 1 to 3 p.m. for Public Swim.
- For a holiday swim schedule visit johnrhodespool.ca or call 705-759-5419.
- The Centennial Library and Churchill and Korah branches will close at 4:30 p.m., December 31th.
- All libraries will be closed January 1st.
Refuse and Recycling Collection
- There is no collection January 1st.
- If you normally receive refuse and recycling collection on Friday, put your containers/carts out Saturday, January 2nd.
- The Landfill site is closed January 1st.
- Christmas trees and packaging Styrofoam can be dropped off at the Clean North collection depot at the Cambrian Mall parking lot until January 9th.
Seniors’ Centres (Drop-In & Steelton)
- Both Centres will be closed December 25th to January 1st inclusive.
- The Transit administrative office is closed January 1st.
- Last buses depart from the terminal at 11:45 p.m., December 31th.
- There is no regular transit or Parabus service January 1st.
Free downtown parking during holiday period
The City of Sault Ste. Marie Parking Enforcement Section is pleased to provide free parking at all meters including pay and display units, and in the two-hour municipal parking lots in the downtown area effective Monday, December 21st, 2015 until Friday, January 1st, 2016.
This holiday exemption does not include parking in: handicap spaces without a permit, no parking areas, fire routes, and private (permit only) lots.
Paid parking will resume Monday, January 4th, 2016. For further information call the Parking Enforcement office at 705-759-5320.