If you’re planning on fishing or hunting in Ontario next year, you may want to check to see if your Outdoors Card expires at the end of 2015. The Outdoors Card is valid for three calendar years and expires on December 31st of any given year.
In order to fish or hunt in Ontario, most people need an Outdoors Card, along with a hunting or fishing licence tag. There are three ways to renew your Outdoors Cards:
- By calling 1-800-288-1155
- In person at a participating ServiceOntario centre or licence issuer.
- Approximately 690,000 Outdoors Cards were sold in Ontario in 2014.
- In 2014, anglers bought approximately 1.1 million fishing licences in Ontario, generating about $36.6 million in revenue.
- Last year, hunters bought approximately 620,000 hunting licences in Ontario, generating about $29.5 million in revenue.
- All revenue from the sale of hunting and fishing licences in Ontario is used for wildlife and fisheries management.