Sault College and Employment Solutions have teamed up to host the 2016 Job & Career Fair. The event will be held on Wednesday February 3rd from 12 pm to 5 pm at the Sault College Health & Wellness Centre with more than 50 employers on-site to present a variety of opportunities currently available in the Sault area.
Some of the employers you will see at this event are:
Agero • Algoma District School Board • Algoma Financial Group • Algoma Manor • Andrew’s Tree Removal • Anishinabek/Ontario Fisheries Resource Centre • Arauco • Armed Forces – 49th Regiment • Canadian Red Cross • Care Partners • Century 21Choice Realty Inc. • Child Care Algoma • Children’s Aid Society Algoma • China Steel Inc. • City of Sault Ste. Marie • Community Living Algoma • Delta SSM Waterfront Hotel • Freedom 55 • Garden River First Nation • Infotek Consulting Services • Investors Group Financial • Jazz Aviation • Lodge Eighty Eight • Lowe’s • March Of Dimes • Min. of Child/Youth Services • Ministry of Transportation • Nog-Da-Win-Da-Min Family & Community Services • Nordik Institute • OLG Casino SSM • Ontario Parks – MNRF • Ontario Provincial Police • Parks Canada • Primerica Financial Services • RCMP • Sault Area Hospital • SSM Police Services • SSM Public Library • SSM YMCA • Sun Life Financial • Sutherland Global Services • TMS Truck Centre Ltd. • Toromont CAT • Tulloch Engineering • We Care Home Health • Wikwemikong Forest Resources Inventory Program • Workiva Inc. • YouLaunch • 8:56 Ltd.
and so many more….
How to prepare for the Job & Career Fair:
- DO make a strategic plan – which employers do you want to speak with
- DO your homework – learn about the companies you want to approach
- DO update your resume and cover letter – have enough copies to give out
- DO create a 30 second sales pitch – this is your chance to be memorable
- DO dress appropriately and be professional – you get one chance to make a good first impression, practice your handshake and have a positive attitude
- DO ask for business cards and company information
- DON’T approach companies in large groups – try to talk one-on-one
- DON’T carry your resumes in large bags/backpacks, use a nice folder or envelope
- DON’T dress like you’re going to the gym or to hang out at a friend’s house
- DON’T wait till the end of the day to attend, come early and make your time count
If you need assistance preparing for this event or would like more information, please call
705-945-0705 or visit Employment Solutions at 421 Bay Street, 4th Floor, Station Tower