Planning a staycation this year for March break? Looking for some fun and creative activities which are sure to score a home run with the kids?
Well the team at the Ermatinger·Clergue National Historic Site (ECNHS) has just what you’re looking for:
- Pioneer Paper – 10 a.m. to noon
- Wilderness Writings – 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Clay It Forward with Sandra Hodge – 10 a.m. to 12 noon (must be 8 years old & over)
- Kids in the Kitchen – 10 a.m. to noon (St. Patty’s Day Theme)
Kids in the Kitchen ‘Sticky Situation’
- 1 p.m. – Maple Syrup Time in the Theatre
- 2 p.m. – Maple Syrup Dumplings
Participants are required to pre-register for March 15-18 activities by calling 705-759-5443.
- Adult accompaniment is required for children 12 years of age and under
- With 1 paying adult, participation is free for up to 2 children per activity
Easter Egg Hunt (scheduled hunt followed by cookie treats in the Ermatinger Summer Kitchen)
- Participants are required to pre-register for Easter Egg Hunt times by calling 705-759-5443
- Ages 1 to 6 years: adult accompaniment, bring a basket, indoor and outdoor hunting
- Ages 7 to 12 years: adult accompaniment, eggscavenger hunt, treat decorating
- Cost: $5 per child/youth
The Heritage Discovery Centre and the Ermatinger Old Stone House will be open for self-guided tours. Visit The Voyageur Trading Post Gift Shop located inside the Heritage Discovery Centre.
Free parking is available at the municipal heritage parking lot located west of the site off Queen Street East and off Bay Street at our Heritage Discovery Centre. For more information, call 705-759-5443.