(BRUCE MINES, ON)- On March 16, 2016, at around 10:32 p.m., members from the East Algoma Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), received information that there was a domestic disturbance in progress at a local motel on Highway 17, in the Town of Bruce Mines.
Investigation determined that a 49 year old Stouffville, Ontario male had assaulted and committed an indecent act on a female victim. The male also damaged personal property belonging to the victim.
As a result, the male was arrested and charged with:
- Spousal Assault, contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code;
- Mischief – Spousal (X2), contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code; and
- Indecent Act, contrary to section 173(1)(b) of the Criminal Code.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Sault Ste. Marie on March 21, 2016.
Victims in abuse relationships are not alone. If you are in an abusive relationship or know someone that is, there are local resources here to help. You can visit the Victim Services of Algoma web site at: www.victimservicesalgoma.ca
(BLIND RIVER, ON)- On March 16, 2016, members from the East Algoma Provincial Police (OPP) were on regular patrol duties in the Town of Blind River.
Police observed a vehicle parked in the no parking zone at an apartment complex on West Street. A short time later the vehicle was observed travelling southbound on West Street.
At 2:57 p.m., traffic stop was initiated. As a result of the investigation the driver was found to be a suspended driver.
Jamie ENGLAND, 29 years of age, from Blind River, ON, was charged with:
- Drive While Under Suspension, contrary to section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act; and
- Fail to Notify Change of Address – Licence, contrary to section 33(1) of the Highway Traffic Act.
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Blind River on April 27, 2016.