Trudeau asked what Canadians don’t like about U.S.

5

TORONTO – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canadians would appreciate it if Americans paid more attention to what’s going on around the globe.

Trudeau said in a “60 Minutes” interview to be aired Sunday that “it might be nice if they paid a little more attention to the world.”

Trudeau, elected in October, made the remarks after being asked what Canadians don’t like about the United States.

“Having a little more of an awareness of what’s going on in the rest of the world, I think is, is what many Canadians would hope for Americans,” he said in a full transcript released to The Associated Press.

The “60 Minutes” profile of Trudeau will air just days before he travels to the White House for a state visit.

Trudeau said Canadians must be aware of at least one other country, the United States, because of its importance.

“I think we sometimes like to think that, you know, Americans will pay attention to us from time to time, too,” he said.

He also seemed to take a jab at an unnamed U.S. presidential candidate whose rise he attributed to Americans’ lack of knowledge of foreign affairs.

A spokeswoman for Trudeau said she didn’t immediately know what candidate Trudeau was referring to.

The “60 Minutes” interview airs Sunday at 7 p.m. ET.

A promotional blurb on the CBS’s website describes Trudeau as “a scion of Canadian political royalty” from a family often compared to the Kennedys in the United States.

5 COMMENTS

  1. What math says a little over 30% is a majority? It’s pretty bad when a voter turn-out in the 60 percentile is considered good. Right off the bat a Prime Minister would need in the 90 percentile of that 60 percentile to speak for the majority. This is one of the many problems with our political system, not one politician has spoken for the majority, in my lifetime anyway. People basically settle and cast their vote for the best of a bad lot, hence how Trudeau or any politician gets about 70% of their votes. The other 30% comes from narrow minded one hit wonder fanatics, people who will vote for them if they agree to make their pet issue a priority.

    For the record I can’t bring myself to vote. I find all politicians to be crooked, incompetent, self -absorbed assholes. I believe that disenfranchising voters is a deliberate strategy by political parties, that and buying votes. The ON liberals are a prime example of both.

    Ontario has hit a debt to GDP of over 40%, not really sustainable. Think of all the hospitals and infrastructure that could have been replaced or added just in the money the ON liberals have flushed in the past decade. Just the corruption and incompetence we know of is well into the billions let alone what doesn’t hit the paper. Whenever I see a picture of Wyne or orazatti I just want to vomit.

    Trudeau may want to look at what is happening in the EU with all the influx of so called refugees before he continues with his bleeding heart BS immigration policy. Even Merkel has done an about face and is looking at PC ways to stem the tide and start shipping immigrants back. I call them immigrants not refugees because that is what they really are.

  2. More sour grapes…LOLOL.. Still a majority… Was others out there to vote for but they didn’t so give it up… Harper screwed us for a long time.. I notice he hasn’t said word one since he lost.. At least Trudeau deserves a chance to do a little better than Harper, which won’t take much…

  3. “And yet he won a hands down majority !!!”
    You may want to educate yourself. He got something like 32% of the vote, hardly a majority. When you consider of that 32%, probably 60% plugged their nose and voted for him, you’re down to maybe 10% of the voting age people actually voted for him.

  4. And yet he won a hands down majority !!! Gee, I wonder how that happened ?? LOLOL.. Still a lot of sour grapes out there, I see.. I guess people just love to hate anyone in power, ’cause lots of us hated Harper judging by the last election..

Comments are closed.