Officers from the Sault Ste. Marie Drug Enforcement Unit assisted by the Crime Suppression Unit have continued working on this investigation and additional charges have been laid as a result.
During the execution of the search warrant officers located 763 grams of marijuana, 1253 grams of cocaine, a handgun, ammunition and packing material for narcotics. The estimated street value of the narcotics seized is $148,150.00. In addition a large quantity of Canadian and American currency was seized.
The accused appeared in bail court this morning on the following charges:
- two counts of possession for the purposes of trafficking to wit: cocaine, contrary to the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- one count of possession of a controlled drug or substance to wit: marihuana contrary to the CDSA
- one count of possession for the purposes of trafficking to wit: marihuana, contrary to the CDSA
- two counts of possession of property obtained by crime, contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- one count of possession of a firearm without being the holder of a licence, contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- three counts of possession of a restricted weapon while being prohibited from possessing weapons, contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
- three counts of possession of ammunition while being prohibited from possessing ammunition, contrary to the Criminal Code of Canada
On April 26th at 5pm in the Station Mall Parking Lot the Sault Ste Marie Drug Enforcement Unit along with assistance from the Emergency Services Unit affected the arrest of 33 year old Alzobir Mohamed Ahmed of Lewis Rd. The arrest of the accused was in relation to an ongoing operation involving drug trafficking. Subsequent to the arrest a search warrant was also executed on the accused’s residence. It is alleged that the accused was in possession of cocaine, marihuana and a large amount of cash. Officers also located the ancillary products to support the offences. The accused is currently charged with possession of a controlled drug for the purpose of trafficking, simple possession of a controlled drug and possession of property obtained by crime, both under and over $5000. The accused will appear in bail court on April 27th. This investigation is continuing at this time.