Have you started your spring cleaning? Don’t miss the fifth annual Sault Freecycle event taking place Saturday, May 28, 2016.
Sault Freecycle is a city-wide voluntary initiative that provides an opportunity for residents to give away household items that are unwanted, but still in good condition.
Plan to participate – follow these simple steps:
- Place reusable household items at the curb in front of your home by 8 a.m. May 28, 2016
- Include ‘FREE’ stickers or signs on all items left for give-a-way
- Residents in apartments/condominiums can take part: get permission from your landlord
- Remove leftover curbside items by 9 p.m. the same day – the City of Sault Ste. Marie does not provide curbside collection for items not taken
- Consider donating unclaimed items. Visit www.facebook.com/saultfreecycle to find a list of local charitable groups who will benefit from your donation.
Examples of items suitable for freecycling include:
- Books, CDs and DVDs; furniture, electronics & small appliances; and sports equipment & toys
- Yard and gardening tools and equipment (e.g., lawn mowers, snow blowers, rakes, shovels)
- Kitchen gadgets, dishes, cutlery, pots & pans; and construction materials (e.g., nails, paint, wood)
Do not put out items that could be unsafe (e.g., baby walkers, lawn darts), illegal, and may harbour bed bugs (e.g., mattresses). For info on unsafe items visit the Consumer Product Safety Bureau.
Share your Sault Freecycle photos and stories on social media – use the hashtag #saultfreecycle. Post on Facebook at www.facebook.com/saultfreecycle.
For more information:
- LIKE the Sault Freecycle Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/saultfreecycle
- Follow Sault Freecycle on Twitter: https://twitter.com/SaultFreecycle
- Email to [email protected]
Sault Freecycle happens rain or shine – help us reduce unwanted items that end up in our landfills!