Mayor Christian Provenzano, City Council and the Parks and Recreation Advisory Committee are pleased to announce the newest members to be inducted into the Sault Ste. Marie Sports Hall of Fame.
The following individuals are the 2016 inductees:
TINA BREED – Equestrian – Coach
- National Certified Level 2 Hunter Jumper
- Coach and Signals Professional
- Sault Ste. Marie Horse and Pony Club, Strathclair Farm Coaching Champions
(beginner, national and international levels)
DON MISSERE – Golf – Athlete
- Competitive golfer for 4 decades with multiple local and regional championships
- 1965 Northern Ontario Junior Golf Champion
- 1966 Ontario Junior Golf Championship – 3rd Place
- 1966 Canadian Junior Champion
- 1964-1994 Sault Golf Club Labour Day Champion
A formal ceremony to recognize this year’s Sports Hall of Fame inductees will take place in June.