The following City facilities will be closed Monday, May 23 for the
Victoria Day statutory holiday:
• Cemetery office
• Centennial Library and Churchill and Korah branches
• Children’s Centres (Jessie Irving, Maycourt, Best Start – Holy Family)
• Civic Centre
• Essar Centre and Box Office
• Ermatinger•Clergue National Historic Site
• John Rhodes Centre arenas; McMeeken Centre; and the Northern Community Centre
• Seniors Centres (Drop-In and Steelton)
• Social Services (Ontario Works, Social Housing, Community Child Care, & Accessibility)
• Public Works and Transportation office. For 24 hr emergency service, call 705-759-5201.
• Sault Transit office
John Rhodes Community Centre Pool
• Open Monday, May 23 – 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. for Parent & Child/Lane Swim and
1-3 p.m. for Public Swim.
• Bellevue Marina is open 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Roberta Bondar Marina is open 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
• The Sault Canal Recreational Lock operates 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Refuse and Recycling
No collection Monday, May 23. Collection for the week will be one day late. City Landfill site is closed May 23. The Household Hazardous Waste Depot has relocated to the City Landfill site at 402 Fifth Line East. The Depot will operate 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Tuesday to Saturday, starting June 7.
Sault Transit Services
There will be no regular transit or Parabus service Monday, May 23. Regular service resumes Tuesday, May 24. For info call 705-759-5438 or email [email protected].
The Victoria Day operations schedule is available online at saultstemarie.ca.