Paul Taillefer, director of HOG (Harley Owners Group) chapter in Sault Ste. Marie is part of a bikers group with a big heart.
With an active membership of 25, they do what they can to recognize and fund causes in need and keep the streets aware of the joy of riding.
“You always feel good when your cause is a good one to support. It’s not just that… you’re having fun while you’re doing it.”
His chapter has existed for the past 13 years and these are some of the great causes they ride for:
- memorial ride for fallen riders (May 28th)
- ride for autism (June 11th)
- ride for sight (the Foundation for Fighting Blindness) (July 8-10th)
- Bikers Rights Organization Toy Run (Sept. 10th)
- poker run fundraiser for ARCH (Sept. 11th)
- Ride for ARCH (Aug. 20th)
HOG also participates in the Ontario regional rally from July 28th to the 31st in Sudbury, where the four chapters of HOG; Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, North Bay and Timmins get together. This is the 27th year they will be doing this and with 420 bikers registered, they expect 6-700.
And even this rally divides profits and each chapter donates them to a charity of their choice.