The following City facilities and services will be closed Friday, July 1:
– Cemetery office; Centennial Library and Churchill and Korah branches
– Children’s Centres – Jessie Irving and Maycourt; Civic Centre
– Essar Centre, Essar administrative office and Box Office
– John Rhodes Community Centre – arenas; McMeeken Centre; Northern Community Centre
– Public Works & Transportation office – call 705-759-5201 for 24 hour emergency service.
– Seniors Centres (Drop-In and Steelton)
– Social Services (OW, Social Housing, Community Child Care, & Accessibility); Transit office
Refuse & Recycling Collection
No refuse or recycling collection July 1. Friday’s collection will be picked up Saturday, July 2.
The Landfill site is closed.
No regular transit service July 1. Sault Parabus will run on Canada Day.
These City facilities will operate Friday, July 1:
Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site
Open 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Bellevue Marina is open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. The public will have access to the pier to view fireworks: vehicles are asked to park in the main parking lot of the marina. Dock access is restricted to boat owners. Roberta Bondar Marina and the Sault Canal recreational lock are also open 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The John Rhodes Community Centre Pool is open for Parent/Child/Lane Swim 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m. and from 1 – 3 p.m. for Public Swim. The Peter G. Manzo and V.E. Greco pools are open 1 to 7 p.m., weather permitting.
Canada Day Celebrations
Festivities will take place July 1 at the Roberta Bondar Park Tent Pavilion. Opening ceremonies begin at 1 p.m., followed by entertainment and attractions throughout the day with fireworks at dusk!
Visit saultstemarie.ca/canadaday for a schedule of events.
The Canada Day hours for City operations are available online at saultstemarie.ca.