The City Beautification Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2016 program. It’s time to acknowledge local gardeners and community businesses for the significant contributions they bring to our city through recognition in creative landscape design, general property maintenance and community building.
– Front Yard (residential) & Back Yard (residential) sponsored by Godfrey Realty Group
– Commercial/Institutional sponsored by KPMG
– Feature in a Garden Award sponsored by Lemieux Composting
– Most Improved Residential Property sponsored by New North Greenhouses
– Best Water Feature sponsored by New North Greenhouses
– Green Glove Garden sponsored by Clean North
– Teeny Weeny Garden sponsored by One of a Kind
– Best Vegetable Garden sponsored by Sault Ste. Marie Horticultural Society
– Best of the Best sponsored by Downing’s Landscaping and Greenhouses
– Total Concept sponsored by KPMG
– The Mayor’s Award sponsored by the City of Sault Ste. Marie
Nomination forms are available online at saultstemarie.ca/citybeautification; at the Civic Centre – reception desk; Canadian Tire – Garden Centre; Downing’s Greenhouses; Lemieux Composting; New North Greenhouses; and at Rome’s Independent Grocer – Garden Centre.
The deadline for nominations is Thursday, July 16.
Nominating one property for multiple categories is encouraged; however, a separate form is required for each category. A $2 entry fee will apply for each submission.
Judging will occur between July 24 and August 4.
The City Beautification Committee welcomes this year’s participants and thanks local sponsors and contributors for their continued support.
For more information, contact City Beautification Coordinator Richard Walker at
705-946-4790 or email [email protected].