City Planning staff are looking for ideas and feedback from Sault residents to develop a new downtown strategy. The Downtown Development Initiative seeks to encourage private sector investment and revitalize the downtown core.
Here’s how you can share your opinion and ideas:
– Complete a survey CLICK HERE before July 28
– Drop in at one of our pop-up information booths:
– July 14, 5 – 9 p.m. at the Downtown Street Party outside the Queenstown BIA office (496 Queen Street East)
– July 19, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Station Mall near the Food Court
– July 20, noon to 3 p.m. at the Mill Market
– Attend an open house to learn more about planning strategies and transformative projects
– July 28, 6 – 8 p.m. at the Queenstown BIA office (496 Queen Street East)
– August 11, 3 – 5 p.m. at the Neighbourhood Resource Centre (138 Gore Street)
Citizen involvement is critical to developing a successful strategy and ensuring community objectives are achieved. The new strategy will mark the third phase of the Downtown Development Initiative and will help cultivate vibrancy, inclusivity, prosperity, and fun in downtown Sault Ste. Marie.