The City of Sault Ste. Marie reminds residents of schedule changes for Sir William H. Hearst Day (August 1st Civic Holiday).
The following facilities and services are closed Monday, August 1:
- Cemetery office
- Centennial Library and Churchill and Korah branches
- Children’s Centres – Jessie Irving, Maycourt and Best Start program.
- City Landfill site and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- Civic Centre
- Essar Centre arena, office and Box Office
- McMeeken Centre
- Northern Community Centre
- Public Works & Transportation office. For 24 hour emergency service requests call 705-759-5201.
- Sault Transit office
- Seniors’ Centres (Drop-In and Steelton)
- Social Services (Ontario Works, Social Housing, Community Child Care, & Accessibility)
Refuse & Recycling – No collection Monday, August 1st. Collection for the balance of the week will be one day late.
The following facilities and services are open Monday, August 1st:
- Bellevue Marina – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Ermatinger∙Clergue National Historic Site – 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- John Rhodes Community Centre arenas – open for scheduled events
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool – open for Session 5 lessons; Parent/Child/Lane swim 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m. & Public swim 1– 3 p.m.
- Manzo Outdoor Pool – Public swim 1- 7 p.m., weather permitting
- Greco Outdoor Pool – Lane Swim 12 – 1 p.m.; Public Swim 1- 7 p.m., weather permitting
- Roberta Bondar Marina – 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sault Canal Recreational Lock – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Sault Transit will run regular transit and Parabus service. No Community Bus. Regular transit will operate hourly leaving the terminal at quarter to the hour. Phone 705-759-5438 or visit saultstemarie.ca/transit for more info.
This information is available online at saultstemarie.ca.