Fire Services called to Carpet One overnight.

5

Carpet One, a business in the Sault’s west/central area, was the scene of a fire in the wee hours of Tuesday morning, August 23, 2016

Located at 96 Wellington West, the contents of Carpet One’s two large storage containers, which are both located behind the business, on Edinburgh St. , were going up in flames.

Sault Ste. Marie Fire Services Platoon Chief Stan Martynuck spoke to saultonline at the scene around 2:00 a.m.

20160823_020706“At 00:43 we received a call for a fire at Carpet One. Units were on scene 4 minutes later. We found a fire out back on Edinburgh St., behind Carpet One. An active fire was burning from two storage units behind the business. PUC was contacted regarding compromised wiring. Union Gas was also contacted.”

“Origin is determined; Cause isn’t.” stated Martynuck. “We are going to secure the scene and have our investigators, Fire Prevention Officers, look at it in the morning.”

5 COMMENTS

    • Well Ed, I wonder if it is the work of one person causing fires at businesses or buildings (garages etc) where people are apt to NOT get hurt. A firebug on the loose. Or is it all just coincidence?

Comments are closed.