The City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to advise residents of schedule changes for the Labour Day statutory holiday.
The following facilities and services will be closed Monday, September 5:
- Cemetery office
- Centennial Library and Churchill and Korah branches
- Children’s Centres – Jessie Irving, Maycourt and Best Start program.
- City Landfill site and Household Hazardous Waste Depot
- Civic Centre
- Ermatinger•Clergue National Historic Site
- Essar Centre arena, office and Box Office
- John Rhodes Community Centre – arenas #1 and #2
- Peter G. Manzo and V.E. Greco outdoor pools – closed for the season
- McMeeken Centre
- Northern Community Centre
- Public Works and Transportation office. For 24 hour emergency service requests, call 705-759-5201.
- Sault Transit & Parabus service will not operate. Main office is closed.
- Seniors’ Centres (Drop-In and Steelton)
- Social Services (Ontario Works, Housing, Child Care, & Accessibility)
Refuse & Recycling – There will be no collection Monday, September 5. Collection for the balance of the week will be one day late.
The following facilities will be open Monday, September 5:
- John Rhodes Community Centre Pool – 11:15 a.m. – 1 p.m. for Parent/Child/Lane swim and 1– 3 p.m. for Public swim
- Bellevue Marina – 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Roberta Bondar Marina – 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Sault Canal Recreational Lock – 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
This information is available on the City website at saultstemarie.ca.