Are you looking for something new and exciting in Sault Ste. Marie? Well, look no further! The George Wellington Esquire Club, “The Club”, is introducing a unique fund raiser to Sault Ste. Marie….“Catch the Ace.” The establishment is the first organization in the city to hold a municipal license for this fundraiser, which will provide community members the opportunity to enjoy fantastic wings, a cold drink, great atmosphere and the chance to win some money every Thursday night commencing December 1st, while raising funds for Big Brothers Big Sisters. The game will guarantee one lucky participant to go home with more money than they arrived with!
The game works as follows:
– Every Thursday evening between 6PM and 9PM, tickets will be sold at the Esquire Club
– Tickets are available to purchase for $5.00 / ticket (maximum 2 tickets per person).
– Prior to the Draw, the ticket sales for the draw, the prize and current progressive pot will be announced.
– Random ticket draw takes place at 9:30PM and winner gets 20% of tickets sales from that night.
– The winning ticket holder must be present to claim the prize and must claim their prize within 15 minutes of the draw.
– Draw winner gets a chance to choose a numbered envelope that contains a card.
– If the selected ticket bearer selects the Ace of Spades, they will also receive the “progressive pot”.
– If the Ace is NOT selected, the selected card is removed and destroyed and the progressive portion of the ticket sales is rolled over into the progressive jackpot for the next scheduled draw, and so on until the Ace is selected.
Catch the Ace is licensed under number M763681.
Giving back to the community is nothing new for the ownership group of this registered not for profit (since 1948!). Domenica Braido, husband “Boomer” Braido, Matt Patreau and Rob Wilson have been supporting community organizations and partners and continuing the good works of former owner, Carol Wierzbicki; giving back over $200,000 (and counting!) since 2007 when the group purchased the Club.
The George Wellington Esquire Club mandate is to help community partners, especially where children’s focus is complimented. The Esquire Club has further contributed over $160,000 to kids hockey leagues and soccer teams, and $45,000 to softball team sponsorships. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Sault Ste. Marie has been the recipient of this generosity annually…right in time for Christmas! Big Brothers Big Sisters would like to extend our thanks to the George Wellington Esquire Club for including our agency in this venture, and encourage residents to get out and have some fun on Thursdays!