Due to the current weather conditions, the Civic Centre at 99 Foster Drive will close at noon today, December 15.
Essential City services will continue to operate including Public Works, Police and Fire/EMS.
“City staff will monitor the weather situation throughout the day and we will advise the general public later tonight or early tomorrow if any further action is necessary as a result of the continued storm activities,” says the City’s CAO Al Horsman.
Public Works has all available snow clearing equipment deployed and will continue to clear main and collector roadways prior to residential streets. Residents are reminded to keep vehicles off city streets to enable crews to clear roadways.
City cancellations and closures reported earlier today are listed on the City’s website at saultstemarie.ca.
Due to the extensive snowfall and poor weather conditions, the City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to advise the general public of the following service cancellations until further notice:
1. Sault Ste. Marie Transit vehicles have been pulled off the road – all City buses and Parabus service is cancelled until further notice.
2. Garbage and recycling collection is cancelled today. Refuse will be picked up next Thursday for those areas affected.
3. All City arenas including the Essar Centre, the Northern Community Centre and the John Rhodes Community Centre pool are closed until further notice.
4. The Jessie Irving Daycare Centre is closed as well as Childcare Algoma programs.
5. The Sault Ste. Marie Public Library Centennial Branch will be closed until noon today and will open this afternoon to serve as a warming station for the community, if needed.
Public Works and Engineering Services have all available snow clearing equipment deployed and will continue to clear main and collector roadways prior to residential streets.
Service updates will be provided periodically throughout the day as weather conditions change.
Kudos to the City Library for opening as a warming station!
Heavy snow? where? that was just a normal dusting.
You are starting to sound like Soo Michigan they will likely call out the national guard and declare an emergency!
Comments are closed.