Vehicle fire causes damage to home / garage


Sault Fire Services responded to call around 10:50 am Sunday morning to a vehicle fire on Boundary Road.

According to Stan Martynuck, Platoon Chief the occupant started the pickup truck and it quickly started smoking  before bursting into flames .  Sault Fire Services responded shortly after but by then the house and garage sustained heat damage.

“It was extinguished fairly quickly” Martynuck said at the scene.  The gas company was notified and fire fighters checked the inside of the home and walls. The damage was to the exterior of the house with melted siding as well as the garage. No cause was given but faulty wiring may have caused the blaze said Martynuck. No injuries were reported.  The truck was completely destroyed.


Comments are closed.