The Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie is looking to the community for their assistance. The club is appealing to anyone in possession of historic and vintage Rotary memorabilia, documents and photos, preferably predating 1980 for use in a history display.
Wanted items include photographs from the early days of Rotary (1918 and on), community night tags, car draw tickets, letters, pins, Rotary blazers, taped footage, etc. A detailed wish list can be found here.
Digital or scanned copies of pictures and documents are welcome and all borrowed items will be returned to their owners.
The Rotary Club of Sault Ste. Marie has been an active force in the Sault and surrounding area for almost 100 years, tirelessly working behind the scenes on the various fundraisers and events this city is known for, including:
– ROTARYFEST, The Sault’s Summer Festival, formerly Community Night (est. 1922)
– Rotary Science Fair Algoma (est. 1962)
– Snowarama for Easter Seals Kids (est. 1975)
– Rotary Sports Dinner, formerly Sports Celebrities’ Dinner (est. 1956)
– Easter Seals Telethon, formerly Superthon (est. 1983)
– Rotary Youth Exchange (est. 1971)
– 4H Dairy Calf Club (est. 1938)
Rotary would like all “artifacts” submitted by May 2018, but the sooner the club is made aware of items the better. If you have something but aren’t sure whether it is “what we’re looking for”, please do not hesitate to contact us and ask. Rotary can be reached by calling 705-945-1279 or by emailing [email protected].