This comes as no surprise. The Northern Ontario Party has the Liberal government shaking because they know what our party is saying is true. Kathleen Wynne is concerned that the NOP is going to expose her government’s chronic under funding to the North. This is the 4th time the Northern Ontario Party has made major announcements to the public and each time Kathleen Wynne responds by either visiting or announcing new funds to be delivered to the North.
One Just needs to look at the timeline, to see what is taking place:
- On July 28, 2016, The Northern Ontario Party officially becomes a registered political party with Elections Ontario.
- Then on August 5, 2016 Just a week later, Kathleen Wynne announces a surprize tour of Northern Ontario.
- On September 2, 2016, The Northern Ontario Party announces That Trevor Holliday, the party’s leader will tour Northern Ontario.
- Then on September 7, 2016, Kathleen Wynne announces new infrastructure spending in Northern Ontario.
- On January 23, 2017 The Northern Ontario Party announces, Information and membership meetings in North Bay and Sault Ste Marie to the public.
- Then later on January 23,2017 Kathleen Wynne announces visits to North Bay and Sault Ste Marie to discuss tuition costs and issues northern students face.
- On February 7th ,2017 The Northern Ontario Party announces a new website, the first ever NOP meeting in Sudbury and sends out a media release that questioned Wynne’s chronic under funding of Northern Ontario and the effect it is having on its population.
- Then on February 8th, 2017 Kathleen Wynne, and her government offers more funding to Northern Ontario as their response.
Trevor Holliday, the Northern Ontario Party Leader states:
“Northern Ontario, this is what we have promised, to be the voice for the North. We are not even in yet and already making a difference. Once or twice may be a coincidence, but not 4 in a row. We have only just begun and will continue to fight to make Northern Ontario Stronger than ever. Ask yourselves this…
1. If an expansion of provinces wasn’t possible wouldn’t the Liberals have already said that and explained why.
2. If we would not be able to survive without the south wouldn’t they have already provided the numbers and proof.
3. If we were such a burden why not just cut us loose? That’s right, they need us more than we need them. So, with all this, what else do you need. It is time for a movement and/or the establishment to open the books line for line and show us how much they take and how little they give back.”