The Algoma District School Board (ADSB), Conseil scolaire catholique du Nouvel-Ontario (CSCNO), Conseil scolaire public du Grand Nord de l’Ontario (CSPGNO) and Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board (HSCDSB) have approved the School Year Calendar for 2017-2018.
The four school boards have worked together to produce a common calendar, facilitating the co-ordination of services such as student transportation. Each board adopted the calendar, consisting of a 194 day school year, following its own consultation process. Their respective calendars will be submitted to the Ministry of Education for final approval.
Aside from the first day of school and Professional Activity dates, the 2017-2018 School Year Calendar will be the same for all English and French-language schools and all public and Catholic school boards in the Algoma and Sudbury Districts including Blind River, Chapleau, Dubreuilville, Elliot Lake, Espanola, Hornepayne, Manitoulin Island, Massey, the North Shore, Sault Ste. Marie, Spanish, Wawa and White River. Except for minor changes, the calendar will also apply to CSCNO and CSPGNO schools in Greater Sudbury, Espanola and Sudbury East.
Overview of the 2017 / 2018 School Year
Elementary and Secondary Schools
– ADSB Staff and students begin classes on Tuesday, September 5, 2017
– CSCNO, CSPGNO and HSCDSB begin classes on Wednesday, September 6, 2017.
– The Christmas holiday schedule is set from December 25, 2017 to January 5, 2018 inclusive.
– March Break is scheduled from Monday, March 12 to Friday March 16, 2018.
– The last day of classes for staff and students is June 29, 2018.
Professional Activity Days:
1. September 5, 2017 (for CSCNO, CSPGNO and HSCDSB staff)
2. September 29, 2017 (for all)
3. October 27 2017 (for all)
4. November 27, 2017 (for all)
5. February 2, 2018 (for all)
6. April 20, 2018 (for all)
7. May 18, 2018 (for ADSB staff)
8. June 15, 2018 (for all)