StartUP Sault Ste. Marie is thrilled to host Startup Pitch Night on May 8th, providing local companies and entrepreneurs the opportunity to pitch their business ideas for cash prizes. This is an interactive and fun pitch event where entrepreneurs showcase their companies, get valuable feedback and compete for a chance to win nearly $2,000 in cash and prizes.
Startup Pitch Night is proudly presented by TruShield Insurance and Startup Canada and hosted by Startup Sault Ste. Marie, together with its community partners. Prizes include a $1,000 grand prize, a feature in the Startup Canada eNewsletter (125,000 subscribers), two free publishing credits on www.StartupNews.ca and one free ticket to Startup Canada Day on the Hill in Ottawa!
A $500 Best Youth Pitch prize will also be awarded courtesy of YouLaunch.
Six finalists have been selected to pitch at Startup Pitch Night:
· EZnowPC – EZnowPC is the first computer made specifically for seniors, designed and built so seniors can independently use technology, without a learning curve.
· Heuristext – Heuristext is a for-profit social enterprise making information easier for anyone to understand, regardless of reading ability. Heuristext utilizes artificial intelligence to analyze content on the web, and automatically adjust the text to an appropriate reading level.
· Veracity Connect – Veracity Connect is an Emergency Preparedness software-as-a-service platform for Utilities. Veracity Connect allows utilities to collaboratively identify, manage and share information related to assets, personnel and equipment, to prepare for both localized and widespread extreme weather events and equipment failures.
· Trailblazing Beads – Trailblazing Beads is a social enterprise that is providing the tools necessary for customers to participate in their culture through arts and crafts.
· Our Local Market – Our Local Market is a hyper-local, online shopping platform that focuses on connecting local farmers, artists, and businesses with consumers, in order to drive economic growth in Sault Ste. Marie.
· Cordelia Plant-Based Meals – Cordelia Plant-Based Meals is a food manufacturing business specializing in plant-based, healthy meals. Their ready-made meals are available for point-of-sale purchase at a growing number of locations in Sault Ste. Marie.
A talented panel of judges include Dan Hollingsworth, Executive Director of the Sault Ste. Marie Economic Development Corporation, Dionne Elgie, President of Village Electric, Lori Naccarato, Senior Manager at BDC, Tony O’Brien, Executive Vice President with TruShield Insurance, and Rory Ring, CEO of the Sault Ste. Marie Chamber of Commerce.
The evening also features a keynote speech on “Funding Your Startup” by Mark Lewis, Founder and CEO of Insightworks.
Startup Pitch Night on May 8th is open to the public and we welcome everyone to attend to support pitches from these up-and-coming companies and mingle with industry leaders, entrepreneurs, and investors.
Registration and networking begins and 6:00 PM and the event is 6:30 – 8:30 PM. Light refreshments will be available.
Seating is limited. Please register today for free tickets to attend on May 8th : https://www.eventbrite.ca
About Startup Pitch Night
May 8, 2017, 6:00-8:30PM
Delta Waterfront Hotel
About StartUP Sault:
StartUP Sault is a grass-roots, volunteer organization connecting new entrepreneurs with the small business resources available in the community, and provides the support of existing entrepreneurs who are building successful companies. StartUP Sault connects local entrepreneurs and innovators through events, meetups and networking opportunities. We are part of the Startup Canada Network. For more information about StartUP Sault, visit www.startupsault.ca and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.