The Hub Trail Festival is a non- competitive event and is 100% Free. Participants can “Walk, Ride, or Roll’ along the John Rowswell Hub Trail between 10 am and 2 pm on July 1st . The Festival is aimed at encouraging community residents and visitors to discover the benefits of using this 24 km, multi-use non-motorized trail system that connects many significant points of interest throughout the City of Sault Ste. Marie.
Saultonline caught up with Deane Greenwood, Sault Ste. Marie Regional Conservation Authority Trails Coordinator & Community Liaison and Roxanne Toth-Rissanen, Director of Libraries, Sault Ste. Marie at the John Roswell Hub Trail Monument near The Centennial Library Branch located at East St. and Bay St.
The Centennial Public Library Branch is one of the passport stops along the Hub Festival trail, and will have some goodies in store for youngsters who participate in the Festival.
Participants will be able to start wherever they wish along the Hub Trail route and each station will have passports available. Maps of the trail system will also be available.
The whole idea is to collect stamps at each of the 14 passport stations along the trail. However, it is not necessary for individuals to complete the entire trail and visit each passport station to be entered into the Draw for the Grand Prize Basket, as well as other prize draws related to the Hub Trail Festival.
Participants are encouraged to return the passport to The Roberta Bondar Pavilion – Canada 150, Canada Day festivities, where they will be entered into the prize draws.
There will be lots of activities, give-a-ways, and treats along the way from passport station partners.
The participating partners and passport locations are:
· Catalyst Fitness/Fuel-Up Nutrition (Clergue Park)
· SSM Public Library (Centennial Branch)
· Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre
· Algoma University
· Algoma Public Heatlh (Finn Hill)
· Healthy Kid’s Community Challenge (Finn Hill)
· Velorution (162 Old Garden River Rd & 2nd Line)
· Sault Area Hospital
· Prouse Chevrolet (Great Northern Rd./3rd Line)
· Sault Naturalists (Fort Creek Conservation Area)
· Scouts Canada (Cathcart & Carmens Way)
· Parks Canada (Sault Canal)
· Mill Market
· Canadian Tire Jumpstart Bicycle Rodeo (Algoma Farmers Market – Roberta Bondar site)
To learn more about the Hub Trail Festival go HERE