On July 27th, 2017 officers with the Patrol Services Division of the Sault Ste. Marie Police Service arrested 48 year old Gary Levar of Patrick Street in relation to various alleged firearms offences.
On July 27th, 2017 officers were speaking to Mr. Levar while conducting an investigation. While speaking to the accused, officers observed a handgun that was concealed on the accused.
Officers were able to quickly secure the firearm and gain control of the accused to take him into custody. The firearm was the found to have multiple rounds loaded in the magazine.
The accused has been charged with;
- One count of carless storage of a firearm,
- One count of possession of a concealed weapon,
- One count of unauthorized possession of a firearm,
- One count of possession of a firearm knowing its possession is prohibited; and,
- One count of unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle
He will appear in bail court today.