In 1964, and quite by a delicious “accident”, Teressa Bellissimo (co-owner of Anchor Bar in Buffalo) is famously the first to cut wings into drumettes and flats, deep-fry them without any breading, glaze them in hot sauce and serve them with blue cheese dip and celery. This is what the world has come to know as the Buffalo-style chicken wing, though most people just say “wings.”
The idea of celebrating one of North America’s all-time favourite finger foods was “hatched” in 1977 when Buffalo Mayor Stan Makowski declared July 29th “National Chicken Wing Day”. In celebration of National Chicken Wing Day, Wacky’s will be hosting a wing extravaganza.
Wings are our thing! Born of our passion for providing the best and most extensive selection of wings available, Wacky’s invites all wing aficionados and enthusiasts to join us in this special celebration.
How it works on National Chicken Wing Day at Wacky’s:
· Saturday, July 29, 2017, 3pm – close
· All You Can Eat Wings only $16.99
· First 100 groups of 2 or more who order wings will receive a Free Appetizer (maximum value: $9.99)
· Guests ordering wings can fill out a VIP ballot to be eligible to win FREE WINGS FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR. Draw will be held July 30th.
· It’s up to you! Select from over 100 delectable dry rubs or sauces with unlimited flavour changes between batches!
About us: Wacky’s – Eat Drink Game On was established in 2007 in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario by brothers Craig and Damon Burgess. The business was so successful, expansion into North Bay, Sudbury, and Timmins soon followed. Wacky’s Thunder Bay opened in fall 2016 completing the Northern Ontario route. In addition to its extensive offering of chicken wings, the menu also includes ribs, salads, Penokean Hills beef burgers, wraps, appetizers, signature desserts and of course a large selection of draft and craft beer. Connect with us: 705-575-200 (Great Northern Rd.) or 705-253-2000 (Lake St.)