Meet the Soo Greyhounds, shake paws with Dash, and fund raise to win virtual reality glasses
The Bell Celebrity Skate & Swim presented by Agero will take place Tuesday, November 7th at the John Rhodes Community Centre from 6pm to 9pm in support of Rotary Youth Projects. The event will include swimming in the pool and skating with the Soo Greyhounds (and Dash!). Admission is a minimum of $35 in pledges, but participants who fund raise above-and-beyond can take home amazing prizes.
This event can be used as a great team fundraiser! To participate as a group, a minimum of five members must raise a minimum of $35 per person. After the event, as long as you qualify as a team, Rotary will send you a cheque for 50% of the total your group raised. It’s that simple! This year’s Team Fundraising Prizes include pool parties, bowling parties, and collapsible virtual reality glasses. Team members also qualify for the individual prizes.
There are 60 Individual Fundraising Incentives up for grabs including an Xbox One S – 1 TB, tickets to watch the Soo Greyhounds from multiple corporate boxes, an autographed Soo Greyhounds jersey, $100 gift cards, and a bike.
More information and downloadable pledge forms can be found at www.rotarysault.com/community-projects/bell-skate-swim
Here are some of the reasons the Bell Celebrity Skate & Swim stands out from other fundraisers:
- It works – every year we send tens of thousands of dollars to participating community groups.
- Prizes – we take care of the incentives for your team as a whole and your individual fundraisers, from the top electronics to pool parties. We’ve got you covered!
- Not weather dependent – if you’ve ever known the disappointment of working hard preparing for a car wash only to have it rain all day, you know why this point matters.
- No inventory – you won’t have to be worried about toting crates of cookies, having freezers full of cookie dough, or having to buy all your child’s leftover chocolate bars.
- Great return – your team receives 50% of all money raised by your participants.
- Great cause – the other 50% goes towards local Rotary youth projects such as Easter Seals, THRIVE Child Development Centre, Student Youth Exchange, and Rotary District Science Fair Algoma.
- Best of both worlds – your participants have the choice of skating, swimming, or both which makes this event a good fit for almost everybody.
- Celebrities – a chance for your team to meet and skate with their OHL heroes, the Soo Greyhounds! (including Dash)
If you have any questions, please contact the Rotary office at 705-945-1279. Together we can make a difference in the lives of children in our community!