The City of Sault Ste. Marie would like to advise residents of schedule changes for Remembrance Day operations.
The following facilities and services will be closed Friday, November 10:
– Cemetery office
– Centennial Public Library and Korah Branch Library
– The Household Hazardous Waste Depot is closed for the season and will reopen Spring 2018
– Civic Centre – 99 Foster Drive- Public Works & Engineering office – 128 Sackville Road
For 24 hour emergency service requests, call 705.759.5201.
– Sault Transit main office is closed
– Seniors Drop In Centre and the Northern Community Centre and Seniors 55+
Refuse and Recycling Collection
Refuse and recycling pick up will be on regular days. There will be no changes.
The City’s landfill site will be open on November 10. Winter hours of operation for the landfill are Monday to Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. For more info, contact 705.541.7087.
The following facilities and services will operate Friday, November 10:
– The Essar Centre box office will be open from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
– John Rhodes Community Centre Pool is open for all regular programming including lessons and swims
– The McMeeken Centre arena will be open for scheduled events
– The Northern Community Centre will be open for scheduled events
– The Ermatinger•Clergue National Historic Site will be open from 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
– Regular transit and Parabus will operate as usual on November 10
There will be free transit service November 11 from 9:45 a.m. – 1:45 p.m. to accommodate persons attending the Remembrance Day services at the Essar Centre.
At 11 a.m. City buses will pull over to observe one minute of silence. For more info, call Sault Transit at 705.759.5438.
The November 11 Remembrance Day Ceremony will be held at the Essar Centre beginning at 11 a.m. The public is asked to arrive early and be seated by 10:45 a.m.
Please note that the Essar Centre box office will be closed during the Remembrance Day Ceremony but will open following the service.