(GOULAIS RIVER, ON) – On January 29, 2018 at approximately 12:40 a.m., members from the Sault Ste. Marie detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a traffic stop on Old Goulais Bay Road, in Goulais River, Ontario.
As a result of the investigation, Christopher Pilon, age 47, of Goulais River, Ontario was arrested and charged with:
· One count of Care or Control of a Motor Vehicle while Ability Impaired by alcohol contrary to section 253 (1)(a) of the Criminal Code (CC),
· One count of Care or Control of a Motor Vehicle with over 80 milligrams of alcohol contrary to section 253(1)(b) of the CC,
· Possession of a Schedule II substance-Cannabis Marihuana-under 30 grams contrary to section 4(1) of the Controlled Drug Substance Act (CDSA),
· Possession of a Schedule II substance-Cannabis Resin-over 1 gram contrary to section 4(1) of the CDSA, and
· Drive while under suspension section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act (HTA).
The accused was later released and is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario on March 5, 2018.