The Sault Association of Ratepayers is currently looking for more volunteers with a passion for municipal politics.
The goal of this local organization is to ensure that Sault Ste. Marie is represented by Councillors and School Board Trustees who provide good governance focusing on accountability and transparency, as per the Municipal and Education Acts.
As an Association of Ratepayers, this group is going to be openly campaigning and engaging in the process of election by fearlessly asking the tough questions and scrutinizing all candidates vying for positions on Municipal Council and School Boards.
The Association is looking for volunteer organizers to assist in the following capacity:
1) Help develop a list of concerns from the community.
2) Help organize debates for upcoming municipal election.
3) Organize public information and disseminate through social media outreach.
4) Assist incumbents and new nominees with platform development to address community concerns.
5) Assist candidate nominees with an understanding of the Municipal Act and the responsibilities of Council as outlined in the Municipal Councillors Guide.
6) Assist in research of past municipal decisions.