Liberal candidate Jaclynne Hamel is taking aim at PC candidate Ross Romano today releasing two statements questioning he’s positions.
Hamel questions Romano about the lack of a costed platform from party leader Doug Ford, stating “Until a costed PC platform is released, we do not know what Mr. Romano stands for.” Hamel calls the lack of a platform a “disservice to Sault Ste Marie and this province.” She then calls on the PC’s and Romano to release a platform.
Hamel also takes umbrage with a release sent by Romano over the weekend questioning NDP candidate Michele McCleave-Kennedy’s stance on the issues. He also questions the NDP candidate about some of the controversial candidates running for the party. Hamel wonders if “Doug Ford’s Conservatives really the ones to throw stones at glass houses?”
Hamel poses six questions to Romano about some of the other PC’s candidates running in Ontario that have questionable views as well the alleged behaviour of the leader Doug Ford.
1. How do you feel about your colleague in Kanata–Carleton advocating for a two-tiered health care system?
2. Do you condemn the view of your colleague in London West Andrew Lawton’s homophobic, misogynistic and racist views?
3. How do you respond to the series of nomination meeting being called into question due to undemocratic practices?
4. What is your response to Doug Ford’s participation in the collection of bogus memberships for candidate Kinga Surma?
5. You have developed relationships with our local media in Sault Ste. Marie. How do you feel about Doug Ford restricting access to the media, and instead creating FordNation Live?
6. What promises can you really make when your leader can’t get a platform out?
ONNTV gives you an opportunity to hear all the candidates on Wednesday May 30th at the ONNTV live All Candidates Debate airing at 4:30pm.
Read Michele McCleave-Kennedy responds here