On May 27th, 2018 officers with the Patrol Services Division of The Sault Ste. Marie Police Service arrested a 28 year old male from Sault Ste. Marie for multiple firearms related offences.
It is alleged that on May 26th, 2018 the accused stole a vehicle belonging to his girlfriend after taking the keys from her. Officers located the vehicle at an address in the 300 block of Second Line West just after 1:00 a.m. on May 27th, 2018 and discovered a 22 caliber revolver with 6 rounds of ammunition loaded into it inside of the vehicle.
The accused was located at that residence by officers and was taken into custody. The accused has been charged with;
- One count of possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose,
- One count of unauthorized possession of a firearm,
- One count of possession of a firearm while knowing its possession is unauthorized,
- One count of being an occupant in a motor vehicle while knowing there was an unauthorized firearm present,
- One count of possession of a loaded restricted firearm,
- One count of theft over $5,000,
- One count of possession of stolen property,
- One count of possession of a firearm contrary to a probation order,
- One count of breach of probation, and;
- Three counts of breach of recognizance
He was held for WASH court.