This weekend, Sault College and Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) hosted their 29th annual Bridge Building Competition at Sault College.
244 bridges were entered into the competition, an increase of almost 100 from last year, and schools as far as White River and Elliot Lake participated.
The top 10 in each category will receive an award in recognition of their success and hard work.
This year’s competition featured some new awards, recognizing outstanding Engineering Design, Construction, and Architecture.
The results are as follows….
- Engineering Award – Niyati Patel, Pinewood
- Construction Award – River Mitchell, Greenwood
- Architecture Award – Ella Burns, Holy Cross
- Engineering Award – Meghan Parrella, St. Mary’s French Immersion
- Construction Award – Sarah O’Grady, Esten Park
- Architecture Award – Kurtis Bondar, Riverview
- Engineering Award – Amelia Spacek, Notre Dame du Sault
- Construction Award – Tiana Bressan, St. Mary’s
- Architecture Award – Spencer Keene, Korah Collegiate
PEO and Sault College would like to formally thank everyone who participated in this year’s competition, and we look forward to seeing the submissions next year!