Unattended Cooking Cause of Fire

1

Sault Ste Marie Fire Services has determined that unattended cooking was the cause of the fire on Wellington St. West.

Fire crews responded to a call on June 16th shortly after 11pm.

“Unattended cooking is the leading cause of home fire in Sault Ste. Marie,” said Deputy Chief Paul Milosevich, “We would like to remind all citizens to remain in the kitchen while cooking and to limit the use of cooking with oil whenever possible.”

The fire caused extensive damage to the home, however all occupants escaped safely.

For Saultonline’s  previous coverage click here.

 

 

 

 

Comments are closed.